Oven-baked smoked salmon, pepper & pesto tortilla
Use up leftover potatoes in this indulgent Spanish omelette packed with earthy smoked salmon, sweet, roasted red peppers and pesto
- a little oil, for greasing
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 300 g cooked potatoes (roasted or boiled are fine), chopped into chunks
- 150 g Ballyhack Smokehouse smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
- 4 roasted red peppers, from a jar, torn or chopped into small pieces
- 4 tbsp pesto
- salad leaves, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 22cm tart or flan case with a sheet of baking parchment, pushing it into the sides and leaving a 1cm overhang over the top – this is easiest if you scrunch up the parchment first to make it more pliable (don’t worry about it looking too neat). Grease the parchment with a little oil.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with some seasoning, add the potatoes, smoked salmon and peppers, stir together, then pour into the lined tart case. Spoon blobs of the pesto over the top. Bake the tortilla for 30 mins until just set and starting to brown. Cool for 5 mins before cutting into wedges, or leave to cool completely and serve cold with salad.