Our Irish Salmon is organically reared in the wild waters off the rugged west coast of Ireland. A classic smoked product that is sure to delight the taste buds.
Ballyhack Smokehouse Classic Smoked Irish Salmon (Approx 1 kg)
Out of stock
- Additional information
- Nutritional Information
- Storage Instructions
- Shipping Information
Our Irish Salmon is organically reared in the wild waters off the rugged west coast of Ireland.
Irish Smoked Salmon – A Very Special Product
Our next step is smoking the fish. We place the salmon on the smoking racks where we gently pat the fish with to remove excess water. The salmon is then ready for the smoker!
The magic begins when we light the beechwood chips. The wood chips smoulder slowly, allowing a distinctive smoke to infuse the flesh. By using wood chips rather than sawdust, the smoke is light, clean, dust-free and cool. Beech is a milder wood, with a delicate smoke, that allows the true flavour of the salmon to sing.
The fish is smoked at a temperature of between 12 & 16 degrees for a period of two days. This slow smoking process allows a beautifully balanced taste to develop. Over time the smoker we use has built up a unique flavour, contributing to an exquisite mouth-watering delicacy in the final product. Our method involves no mechanisation and is completely natural.
Once removed from the smoker the fish are taken to the chill room where they are trimmed and allowed to cool to 2 & 3 degrees. We vacuum pack the Irish smoked salmon and then label it, ready for delivery straight to your kitchen!
|Dimensions||40 × 10 × 10 cm|
14 – 35 days
Irish Salmon (salmo salar), salt, beechwood smoke
Farmed organically in Ireland
- Shipping costs are calculated at the Check-Out
- Orders on weekends or holidays will be processed on the next business day
- Orders are confirmed when payment has been received by the company
- Your credit card will be charged full amount of purchase price & delivery cost
- Orders made after 1pm will be processed on the next business day
- We are not responsible for any packages rejected by your country’s customs department. A refund will be issued on any fish returned but shipping charges cannot be refunded.
- Our courier only runs on business days so make sure to leave enough time for order to arrive.
- Example: if you want smoked salmon in USA for the weekend which will take approx. two days to arrive, then you must place order before 1pm Wednesday – it will then arrive Friday.