Ballyhack Smokehouse Wild Irish Smoked Salmon 500g Pack
€65.00 – €70.00
Out of stock
- Additional information
- Nutritional Information
- Storage Instructions
- Shipping Information
Wild Irish Salmon is an excellent source of protein and is high in Omega 3 fatty acids.
In Ballyhack Smokehouse, our experienced workers hand fillet, pin bone, ice and return the fish to chill until they reach 2 to 3 degrees. We take the fish out of the chill and bring it to the salting room where we gently sprinkle salt over the flesh to allow the fish to harden. At Ballyhack Smokehouse, we like to give the fish sufficient time to reach the required texture so that it can absorb the smoke and create a finely balanced flavour. Once this texture is reached, we rinse each fillet, ensuring that each fish receives individual attention. The salt cure acts as a natural preservative.
A Unique Process
Our next step is smoking the fish. We place the salmon on the smoking racks where we gently pat the fish with absorbent towels to remove excess water. The salmon is then ready for the smoker!
The magic begins when we light the beechwood chips. The wood chips smoulder slowly, allowing a distinctive smoke to infuse the flesh. By using wood chips rather than sawdust, the smoke is light, clean, dust-free and cool. Beech is a milder wood, with a delicate smoke, that allows the true flavour of the salmon to sing. Where as the heavier smoke given by the more commonly used oak, can produce a less delicate taste.
The fish is smoked at a temperature of between 12 & 16 degrees for a period of two days. This slow smoking process allows a beautifully balanced taste to develop. Over time the smoker we use has built up a unique flavour, contributing to an exquisite mouth-watering delicacy in the final product. Our method involves no mechanisation and is completely natural.
Once removed from the smoker the fish are taken to the chill room where they are trimmed and allowed to cool to 2 & 3 degrees. We vacuum pack the fish and then label it, ready for delivery straight to your kitchen!
For full sides of our Wild Irish Smoked Salmon, click here.
|Dimensions||40 × 10 × 10 cm|
14 – 35 days
Caught by draft/snap net in our Irish rivers – a tradition as old as time itself!
- Shipping costs are calculated at the Check-Out
- You will be charged the full amount of the purchase price
- Orders on weekends or holidays will be processed on the next business day
- Orders are confirmed when payment has been received by the company
- Your credit card will be charged full amount of purchase price & delivery cost
- Orders made after 1pm will be processed on the next business day
- We are not responsible for any packages rejected by your country’s customs department. A refund will be issued on any fish returned but shipping charges cannot be refunded.
- Our courier only runs on business days so make sure to leave enough time for order to arrive.
- Example: if you want smoked salmon in USA for the weekend which will take approx. two days to arrive, then you must place order before 1pm Wednesday – it will then arrive Friday.